Re: [ga] Critics say VeriSign still has...

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 06:21:24PM -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> Perhaps because they generate revenue for the industry. What economic
> incentives could you point to that are gained from the prevention of
> speculation?
>
> Why is speculation in real estate a long-practiced tradition and
> considered "good business" while people are trying to cast domain
> speculation as "bad?"

Why is speculation in real estate good while speculation in human body
parts bad? I don't know -- might have something to do with the commodity
in question and how it's used, and what people think about it, don'cha
think? Speculation in itself is neither good or bad, but if people
think that speculation in a particular commodity is bad, then it's bad.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be