From: Sotiris [mailto:sotiris@hermesnetwork.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:50 PM
To: gavin.stokes@autodesk.com
Cc: andy@navigator.co.nz; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Critics say VeriSign still has...

First off, nobody's making fun of anyone's email address (I sure wasn't).

gavin.stokes@autodesk.com wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for jumping on that one.  I expected a boatload of objections, and some support.  So far we see both.

I didn't see any support.

> People making the point about equating a domain with a Web site have a good point.  That does further complicate the determination of what hoarding is.  But how about simply disallowing resale of domains by anyone but a registrar, at a standard price?

What exactly is your problem here?  I suppose you'd also like to see this `rationale' of yours applied to diamond mines and diamond merchants, or any other commodity in the marketplace for that matter?  Gavin, I've read some far out things on these Lists, but this takes the cake!

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
        Individual