RE: [ga] ICANN benefits

<<SNIP>>

|> Trademark conflicts were ambiguous and expensive.  In fact, NSI gave
|> trademark holders much more power than they have in law.  Now we have the
|> UDRP and things are vastly more straight-forward and vastly cheaper.

The UDRP gives trademark holders much more power than they have in law and
actually contradicts a lot of legal provisions with regards to trademarks.  It
is more straight forward and vastly cheaper for trademark holders but
discriminates against domain registrants, making it more expensive and in some
cases, impossible to get redress.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.