[ga] O/T - Robert the Bruce of Scotland

On Wednesday, April 04, 2001 11:02 PM (AEST)
Dassa <dassa@dhs.org> wrote:
Subject: RE: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

> A little story which may be of some assistance to others is the story of the
> King who, when on the point of giving up, observed a spider attempting to
build
> a web, the observance of the persistence displayed by the spider convinced the
> King to rejoin a battle and continue the struggle.  In the end persistence and
> perseverance can win the day.  My apologies if I mixed up the story a little,
it
> was something I read as a youngster many years ago.

Bruce And The Spider
http://sookmyung.ac.kr/~u9911620/eng/story23.htm

Robert the Bruce and the Spider
http://www.showcaves.com/english/explain/History/Bruce.html
"If at first you don't succeed, try try and try again".

http://mygen.com/users/bruce/bruce5.html
Bruce adopted the same motto and spent the next eight years fighting the English
occupiers of Scotland until they were at last driven out.

http://hazel.forest.net/whootie/stories/bruce_and_spider_scotland.html
And to this very day, the victory and independence of Scotland is traced to a
spider who kept trying again and again to spin her web in a cave and inspired
the king of Scotland, Robert the Bruce.

Best wishes
Patrick Corliss