Re: [ga] No Members?

This is a major problem. I ask that responses do not attack the messenger or the manner of the message, but rather address the concept.

We have tried to make an agreed upon definition work just for the purpose of moving forward with discussion.  It has not worked on these lists. It is really scary to see our "legal documents" try to change the meaning of membership, so they can say they have membership and don't have membership all in the same sentence. I think it was Fields who said "who ya gonna believe? Me or your eyes".

Bruce James wrote:

OK, I am dumb.... Why did the Markle Foundation say in its Grant:
1) Membership Program Manager - 6 months including benefits    $30,000
  If we don't have any *Members*?? Did ICANN return the money? http://www.icann.org/financials/markle-grant-letter-06mar00.htm  /Bruce   ~IANAL~ I Am Not A Lawyer. Seek legal advice.