Re: [ga] withdrawal of candidacy

Sotiris wrote:
> Cade,Marilyn S - LGA  wrote:
>

> If this election is called off, this will be the surest sign of complete
> corruption of the GA.  I cannot, and will not countenance any such activity.
> The election must continue as there are still 3 candidates to be decided
> from.

I agree the election can not be called off.  However it is too late for Jon to
be withdrawn as the voting has started.  Now if some other candidate wins then
I beleive that person should be the GA Chair.  If however Jon wins and resigns
we have a vacancy and it is quite legitimate to hold another election.

DPF