RE: [ga] IMPORTANT: Status of endorsements for GA chair and alternate chair

The reference is to the "Nomination Procedures for the Chair
of the General Assembly (GA)", rule 8, from the previous election:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19991126.DNSO-GAchair-procedures.html#TEND

It is indeed unfortunate and confusing to have two procedures
with different thresholds, and it's admittedly hard to spot.

 However, the easiest way out this time seems to be (if you
are not among the 13 people who already have) to send an
endorsement mail to

   ga-endorsements@dnso.org

Mr Svensson,
Thank you for pointing us to this elusive document, however, paragraph
numbered 8 "All accepted nominees that receive 10 or more endorsements by
18:00 CET on December 10, 1999 shall be forwarded to the Names Council for
selection" is noted by it's absence from procedures for the 2001 election
published by the DNSO Secretariat at
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.DNSO-GAchair.html.

The fact that it has been omitted cannot be accidental, and certainly does
not fit with NC statement from LA, which Ms Roberts kindly reminded NC
members about only a week or so before this election began, which was
immediately prior to drafting the election announcement, which reminder was
to ensure that a clear description of the process used to select the nominee
be communicated to the GA..

One cannot assume that people interested in this election are reading this
thread, whereas it is a reasonable assumption that some members believe
their preferred candidate already has the requisite number of endorsements
to go forward. I really must insist that those GA members rights are
protected. After the election we can revisit the rules should you so wish.

It would be helpful for the DNSO Secretariat to explain why paragraph
numbered 8 from 1999 was omitted from this year's announcement, if it was,
in fact, supposed to be part of the procedure (which I refute), but I
repeat,  you cannot change the rules in the middle of an election, and that
includes introducing old rules about which new members have no knowledge
whatsoever.

Joanna