Re: [ga] Re: Board descisions

On 2001-03-11 09:57:43 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Going back just to the previous ICANN meeting, I remember you
> making the remark, a propos the IOD application for .web, that it
> was an "old way" to conceive the management of a TLD, with no
> separation between Registry and Registrar. What has changed in
> few months, and why the DNSO has not participated to the cahnge
> in polcy?

Actually, I'd like to quote Hans Kraaijenbrink (in the Scribe's
words) on this one:

	"IOD goes against everything we ve worked on the last two
	years they join registrar and registry, and they have a high
	price."

See also:
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/la2000/archive/scribe-icann-111600.html>

Kraaijenbrink's contribution is the last paragraph of D.5.

--
Thomas Roessler			    <roessler@does-not-exist.org>