Re: [ga] let's focus on making sure that, in the various forums, we can as k substantive questions

Dear Roberto,
Experience : France Telecom wanted Minitel to be quoted in the article of
incorporation to allocate a Minitel name. Nobody wanted to change the
articles of their corporation. In France a non profit is easy to register,
cheap ($35), can do what they want, tax exempted and can stay for ever.

On 20:19 06/03/01, Roberto Gaetano said:
>Can I build a non-profit with a name that is already used by a for-profit,
>and use some mechanism for hijacking the name on the ground that the
>current owner is not-not-for-profit (or that he/she just cannot prove it
>enough, because of the specific rules for not-for-profit in his/her country?

So most of the Minitel business services were registeed by a non profit
association between the company and some executives with its business
management delegated to the company, revenues included. Makes the DN $35
more expensive. Still less expensive than the $100 of a few years ago...
anyway it is for non profit: it is logic it would be more costly....

Jefsey
Do you know the difference between iCANN and GOD?
- iCANN believe their are God
- God has not yet been selected as an iCANN squatter.