Re[2]: [ga] let's focus on making sure that, in the various forums, we can ask substantive questions

Hello Jonathan,

Tuesday, March 06, 2001, 11:57:30 AM, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:

>          I agree with Roberto that discussion related to the chair election
> and the DNSO review should be the GA's top priorities for Melbourne.  Given
> the discussion that has taken place on the list already, those are the
> issues on which it will be both possible and useful to generate a GA "sense
> of the room" in advance of the NC meeting and the Board's public
> forum.  There's no time in Melbourne for the GA to do meaningful work on
> the issues raised by the proposed new TLD and Verisign contracts.

The GA Chair election really isn't much of a subject of discussion for
a face 2 face meeting, since a nomination and election process is
already underway and has started.

What is there possibly to discuss that would justify taking time away
from other more important issues?

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com