RE: [ga] yet another idea to improve knowledge...

Let's see. Let me identify the questions which are relevant to the issues at
hand, and respond to them:

Actually, I think (but NSI/Verisign could verify) that it is about 85% of
the registration in .com, .net, .org. But the percentage of growth is
increasingly outside of those names and the ccTLDs are growing in exciting
and interesting manners.

So, what is your question? If it is: given that NSI/Verisign, with .com,
.org, .net has approximately 80% Plus of the registrations, what is the plan
to seek international consultation with those that register? Now, that seems
to be a question about how does ICANN ensure that there is public awareness
of this process and situation?  A fair question.

But, I reread your question, and it appears to be: how does ICANN ensure GAC
review? I find it interesting that you are so focused on governments,
Jefsey, rather than those who are customers and registrants.  Can you
clarify why you are so concerned about the various governments'
perspectives? In any case, I would assume that ICANN can talk to the GAC in
their meeting and seek their input at that time.

I've always assumed that consultation takes place, but your focus on the GAC
views seems to indicate that you have particular concern about their
interests. Industry always thinks it helpful to have someone looking out for
government's interests. In the past, we've thought that they did that pretty
well for themselves. What's happened that you have thought that they need
more help?

:-)