From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:Harald@Alvestrand.no]
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 1:48 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] Suggestion of allicating time @GA on new TLDs

Hi folks,
there's come in a suggestion for a change of item on the GA meeting.

We currently have a 5-minute item "status of new TLDs".
We don't have any working groups to report from, so we could redisposition
some time from this.

Suggestion: Use this as a structured Q&A period for the new gTLD
applications,
so that the GA members can get some comparatively well-formed input on the
new proposals.

Suggested format:

- Get a representative from each of the 16 proposals on the shortlist
- Get about 5 questions to raise - not about the proposals, but about the
   way the proposers think that the DNS expansion should happen, and how
their
   particular proposal will affect the DNS and the Internet
- Ask each proposer to answer these question in a limited time (3 minutes?)
- Allow some time for discussion

Does this strike people as a reasonable use of GA time?