Re: [ga] Extension of the Interim Board Directors

Roberto,

the Cairo decision was indeed the point at which we wish we had seen this.

However, I have been told that the decision in Cairo was made after hearing
many conflicting views and options, including an explicit proposal to leave
the four seats empty (which I think the current incumbents would probably
have preferred).

I still have not heard a word from the people who were in favour of this
decision rather than the "leave them empty" one.
This worries me quite a bit - fielding a proposal for motion without having
heard anything from the "other side" seems worrisome to me.

You were in Cairo. Do you know anyone who can offer an opinion?

[BTW - I am coming to the conclusion that the bylaws of ICANN are horribly
badly written. They mix up the functions of "contract between the community
and the organization" and "activities ongoing at the moment" most
throughly. The most glaring example is that the schedule of the review
committee on whether or how the At Large representation should continue -
http://www.icann.org/minutes/minutes-16jul00.htm#II-5 - is written into the
BYLAWS, not just a board decision. This is stupid.]

                    Harald
--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94