RE: [ga] GA Chairman election

ICANN
> Bylaws (Article VI-B, Section 2(i)) via a vote of the Name
Council.

> I believe that the situation has been changed since this
article has
> been written, and that the GA should have the right of
> electing its own
> Chairman.
>
> What do you think?

R U Kidding? I never agreed with the way that article was written
in the first place. Nothing has changed as far as that goes. The
GA should not only have elected its own chair, but the NC as
well. The ICANN rewriting the NDSO charter to allow appointments
was real bad. The NC should be electing ICANN BoD seats (I know
it does) and the GA should be electing a NC, in its entirety.