[ga] More on Webcast

Dear GA Members,

It seems, according to private messages that I am receiving, that the
issue of Webcast for the GA is going towards a happy ending, thanks to
the efforts of Ken Stubbs, NC Chair, and a sponsor.

This said, I believe that we need to find a different solution for the
future. There were a couple of ideas circulated in the last days that we
 should really consider.
I am not looking forward to go through this (or better, that my
successor has to go through this) at every ICANN meeting: we need
independent funding, in order to participate to the global sharing of
the expenses.

Later on this weekend I will circulate a draft agenda for Marina del Rey
, and a list of subjects to debate before the meeting, for comments/
additions. I believe that the funding of the webcast should be one
candidate item.

Regards
Roberto