Re: RE: [ga] DNSO Review

At 12:53 6/10/00 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:

>So, what to do? Follow Roberto's suggestion? I do:
>
>**I consider it to be important that a WG will be established.**
>
>At least something might happen then.

The message deserves a but more punch than that in order to achive something.
The invitation to petition the Names Council for the WG should be spread
beyond this obscure list (candidate HongJie Li from China was as of
yesterday not subscribed to this list either)
.
Crossposting to the other lists like ifwp and domain-policy is out , so we
have to think of a better mechanism.
Please let as many GA members as possible post the message to other lists.

Then what should be done is to put the petition on a number of websites.
The easiest way to collect the votes is to ask people to put their name on
the petition by voting FOR in the Polling Booth.

It took me 10 minutes to put the Topic up.

Please go to www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/  , enter without password and look
for the topic under  DNSO.
After 5 days, I will collect the total number of FOR and AGAINST votes ,
post the result here and then put it on a number of websites.

"I consider it to be important that a WG will be established"

Roberto, shall we see your name there next?

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org