[ga] Re: ICANN received 44 applications for new TLDs

Chance observations from a series of disinterested observers on ICANN's 44
applications.

1. Frightening the paucity of diversity, multilingualism or imagination.

2. Seems like gtld-mou replicants only make the list?

3. None of these people even played junior scrabble.

4. IATA's .air and WHO's .health have taken four years to appear from conception,
an elephantine birth one hopes will be rewarded with real tuskers. ICANN's attempt
to garner internationalism has an even longer way to go down the birth canal.

5. I feel sorry for Esther Dyson whose efforts to build some international
consensus on the back of Dixon's IFWP ran into stony isolationism.

6. Still time for the substantial backers of ICANN to chart a path that not only
includes the IP of the US but the rest of the world, too. if they're interested in
more than the occasional senior pro-am.

7. Abril's nominalism (that the name of a thing constitutes the thing, most
infamously met in Anselm's proof of God) disproven.

MM

Josmarian (UK) Ltd  http://www.josmarian.ch info@josmarian.ch
UK tel: 07770947420/ fax: 0044.1273.474894
France tel/fax: 0033.450.20.94.92 Part of the Josmarian Group
If you have a technical problem with this e-mail, please
mailto:system@josmarian.ch outlining the nature
of the problem.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which
is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient or the employee responsible for delivering this
communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is
please forward it to mailto:legal@josmarian.ch