[ga] DNSO Review

Good morning.

The current status of the DNSO review process is that the Task Force has
 agreed on a set of questions to be asked to all participants
(Constituencies + GA).
The answers arriving before 2000-10-09 will be incorporated by the NC in
 its report to ICANN, due 2000-10-13, but the discussion will continue
for a final report, due one week before the ICANN meeting.

For the record, the NC has excluded, for the time being, to create a
formal WG on the subject. I am personally not happy about this, but
anyway there's nothing that prevents us to make the GA list the forum,
and even to vote on a final GA document if GA members feel so.
May I suggest to concentrate on the answers to the questions: we need to
 have the contents of the message going through, rather than focus on
the form.

I will adopt the same format YJ is using for the NonCom Constituency,
and split the set of questions in homogeneous groups, which I believe
will facilitate the discussion.

Please find below the introduction to the Task Force report.
The sets of questions will be in follow-up messages.

Regards
Roberto

All NC Review and NC members,

Please find below the DNSO review 2.0 to be forwarded to all
constituencies.
Constituency representatives are responsible for forwarding this to
their constituencies, and ensuring that any constituency comments are
forwarded to the NC Review committee. Instructions on comments is in the
 document below under 'Instructions for responding'.

what is forwarded to the ICANN Board by October 13th. Later responses
will also be incorporated in the report with conclusions and
recommendations from the NC to the Board one week prior to the Los
Angeles meeting.

Comments from the GA are included in this outreach, and all can
participate in that forum as well (i.e., this is a working group of the
whole). Roberto is the point of contact, and together with Harald,
should provide to the review committee comments from the GA.

Specific for Constituency and GA representatives: In addition to
collecting comments on the document below, we also need to include
information on the growth and development of the DNSO. This information
will be collected specifically in coordination with the respective
constituencies, GA, and secretariat. Please provide as constituency
representatives the responses for your respective constituencies, and/or
 where relevant.

How have the membership of constituencies grown over the past year?

How has the GA grown?

How has contribution to ICANN and NC secretariat increased in past year?

How many new countries added to membership in past year?

How many countries are not represented in DNSO?