RE: [ga] Secure DNS

agreed

> ..but TLS tells you only that it's
> hard to interfere with the transmission, not who it came
> from..

Kinda, TLS is for third-party verification of the cert. It both
authenticates and encrypts. The downside is that it is server-centric.
Unlike SSL, which is satisfied with a simple signature, TLS actually
goes to the CA and checks the cert. This makes it a three-party
transaction with the CA being the third party. There are a lot of other
details, like being able to use pin-only certs, rather than actual CPI.

> ..for that
> you need a public key infrastructure of some kind (TLS with X.509
> certificates is defined, but not used much for client authentication).

This is exactly what I had in mind when I made that recommendation for
the root registry. Registries are natural CAs, they just don't know it
yet.