[ga] new topic - the press

Hello all,

As futile, and or naive as this may sound, I've often
wondered
why much of what goes on with the GA, ICANN, IETF, DNSO,
etc. etc. seems to not be picked up in the press.

If you haven't guessed, communication/journalism is a
much stronger forte of mine then those that occur here on
the GA.
I am a newcomer to these discussion.

My thoughts are, that I would like to research the
organizations
that, in my opinion, will be deciding some important issues
regarding the Internet, dns tlc's etc.

To do this, I need background and information, lot's of it.
I'd like to write a comprehensive article for the press on
what has happened, and where things are heading,
but to do this I need to have a firm grip on this
information,
which may include people's opinions, archives of meetings,
votes, discussions, e-mail's etc.
Anything that you are willing to share.

That is why I am writing here -- I need whatever resources
you
on the GA  (or elsewhere) can direct me to.

To let you know, I have no particular political or personal
spin here,
just a natural curiosity and desire.

I set up a email address gk1news@netscape.net
that any information you may have can be directed to.

As with any journalistic article, please remember,
EVERYTHING that is written to the email address
gk1news@netscape.net, is on the record,
unless you specify otherwise.

(general e-mails I recieved through the GA will not be used
except in a rare case where I have researched the topic
and verifyied by the original sender of the e-mail that it
can be used.)

And be assured, if you specify it's off the record,
that means it can not be used unless I can verify it
by two other (on record) sources.
Deep background, means it can be used but the
source will remain anonymous, however the
organization of the source can be used,
and deep deep background, means the information is
useable, but no mention of the source, and/or it's
organization can be used.

Also note, anything that can not be verified
by more than one source is considered an opinion, not fact.

Any information that you may have would be appreciated.

And if you wondering why I would do this,
the thought came because I see many of you
fighting a battle, that in your own words is uphill because
of the way things are structured, well, my thought is public

awareness can and does create power, or balances power
- organizations (used loosely here) can be changed from the
outside in if public awareness, concern, and pressure is
applied.

Directly, it was the recent elections
process (with many unable to vote) that put this idea in my
head.

Again the address to send email to with regard to my project
is gk1news@netscape.net.

Any comments, objections, information, etc.
is welcome and appreciated

Sincerely,
George Kougias