Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

At 16:40 03/09/00, you wrote:
>Roberto,
> > I may be wrong, but with the election of 5 AtLarge members, only 5 out
> > of 9 of the initial Board Directors will be replaced.
> > Maybe somebody has better info or rumors, but I did not see anywhere
> > evidence that Esther will be leaving.
>she has said so herself:
>Cf. http://www.newsbytes.com/pubNews/00/154046.html
>and http://www.thestandard.com/article/display/0,1151,17052,00.html

If this last one is true, Dyson, Burr and Roberts (?) would go. This would
leaves us with Touton, WorldCom and ccTLDs unrest. Frankly these internal
issues to an US establishment structure do not concern me as a user and
an investor. I just want to use the internet in spite of their problems. For
that I just need an alternate root of quality and a widespread way to make
it used by OSes. Our duty is to protect the users, and I do not see any
other way (I wish there would be one easier and cheaper: $10 said the
".gnu" group).
Jefsey