RE: [ga] Clarification w/r/t Jonathan Cohen's Involvement inWorking Group B and Peter de Blanc

Greetings, fellow GA members.

Again, since my name was called, I feel it necessary to respond.

The ICANN board, IMHO should be composed of a composite of champions from
all constituencies and stakeholders in Internet governance.

Yes, I am sensitive to the issues and needs of ASO, ISP, IP, etc...

And, it is true that most of my work has been in the ccTLD constituency, and
my position statement is that I will represent the ccTLD constituency.

That does not mean I will be insensitive to the needs and positions of the
other constituencies.

But let us face facts. An ICANN board member from, say the IP constituency
will be most familiar with the needs and concerns of the IP constituency. In
fact, that person would be expected to bring forth the position of the IP
constituency.

The ICANN board achieves its sense of balance by having directors that bring
forth the sentiments of the constituencies they have their roots in. Not
only do I see nothing wrong or inappropriate there- I see that as an
essential part of the process.

If elected, I would hope to be able to bring the concerns of my (ccTLD)
constituency
to the Board table, enter into productive discussion and dialog with members
expressing the position of the constituency their roots were in, and
ultimately facilitate consensus and/or comprimise across all constituencies
on policy that will help keep the Internet running and moving forward.

Isn't that what the "Global Internet Community" is all about?

Also, I feel that with my extensive experience in raising money for
non-profit service organizations, I could assist in reducing the burden of
financial support required (recommended/requested) from the constituencies
by ICANN.

regards

Peter de Blanc