Re: My DNSO review comment (Re: [ga] DNSO Review Committee)

Rick H Wesson wrote:

> > The constituency structure is a failure and should be abandoned.
>
> I agree, however could you suggest a better model, or how we could get
> the constituency structure replaced and what it should be replaced by?

The only model I know of that demonstrably works for the Internet is
the IETF model. All working groups have mailing lists. Both those lists
and the meetings are open to all comers.

Moreover, everyone is expected to "leave their affiliations at the door"
for working group meetings. The goal is to solve problems for the net,
based on technical merit, NOT to represent your employer or interest
group. Of course, it isn't actually that simple but at least the notion
of leaving affiliations out of it is considered.

This is almost the exact opposite of the constituency approach.