Re: "Global" (Re: [ga] Re: DNS/ICANN understanding)

At 15:57 25/08/2000 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>However, I fully understand you do not object my limitation
>in the use of word "global" but to the contrary its fusage in
>the internet field according to its full common, dictionnary
>and philosophical acception.

The Concise Oxford Dictionary, 1976:

global a. World-wide; pertaining to or embracing the whole of a group of
items etc.; total; hence ~LY(2) adv.

Calling a picture taken from the World Trade Center a "global" picture of
New York is quite counterintuitive to me.

Your mileage may vary.
--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94