Re: [ga] Text of Radio Ad which will start running nationwide on 7/7/2000

Rick,

I'm more disgusted and offended by your email than John's. John's statement
is protected (especially in light of Canadian and US broadcast regulations)
under the 1st Amendment in the US.

It is a dissenting voice of ICANN's handling of Domain Name issues, and was
posted to the General Assembly mailing list of the Domain Name Supporting
Organization of ICANN. This happens to be the official forum, and news of
that dissenting voice is entirely appropriate to initiate discussion in
that context.

You, on the other hand, advocate censorship - to "stop unwanted e-mails" -
of that which you do not agree. That censorship has absolutely no place in
an open internet forum.

Whether I agree with the posting or not is totally irrelevant. The point is
both you and Ken have attempted to stifle discussion about relevant current
events which affect both the public face of ICANN, and the policies that
are discussed in the DNSO.

The problem I now see is that the message rings truer after your and Ken's
response than it did when it was originally posted.

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--
It's a feature not a bug...