Re: [Fwd: [ga-full] RE: [ga] Voting rules, take 4]

At 09:55 23.06.2000 +0200, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

>Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com> wrote:
> >
> > I move that we vote on Harald's proposal.
> >
>I second it.
hey - before we go to the vote, could I propose an amended version?
I think we want 2/3 approval on this vote (rule change), and it would be a
shame if those who think the rules for complex elections are wrong would
vote against it on that basis, leaving us with nothing.

I'll ship an amended version that says:

- this is for single-outcome votes only, other kinds of votes will be
   addressed later
- if no alternative gets enough votes to be accepted, the vote is termed
   inconclusive, and the chair may issue a new ballot.
- the threshold is 1/2 for ordinary votes, 2/3 for rule changes

OK?

              Harald
Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no