Re: [ga] Formalizing Voting Procedures for the DNSO GA

At 01:45 12.06.2000 +0200, Alexander Svensson wrote:

>Just a question of wording:
>
>In the first proposal it said (about rule change votes)
> > [...] the number of votes cast must be at least half
> > of the membership.
>
>It was then modified to
> > [...] the number of votes cast must be at least 2/3 of
> > cast votes, with a minimum number of cast votes being
> > the lower of 20% or 100 votes.
>
>20% of what -- cast votes?
>Maybe it should read '20% of the membership' instead?

20% of the membership. Thanks for catching this!

There are more things that are not quite covered:

- how does one decide in multiple-choice situations, such as
   elections with > 2 candidates, or 3 candidate rule sets?
   Runoff, or "highest wins"? (I think runoff is often reasonable)

- when a rule is initially introduced, does the 2/3 requirement apply?
   (I think it should apply)

As usual, I can think of more problems than it's reasonable to address...
but we might not want to cover everything in the first pass.

                   Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no