Re: [ga] Re: Restoration of posting rights for Jeff Williams

Yingwei wrote:

>Although Mark can forward all JW's message to the list, the punishment
is
>still there. The spirit of the rule is that if someone did something
wrong
>he should be punished. But we needn't block the information source.
People
>forward a lot of messages everyday. We can not ban people to say
nonsense.

>Let's do not argue, do not respond to their nonsense. They are alone.
If
>offensive message appeared, suspend him immediately.

I could not agree more.

In fact, we were in the middle of debating other issues, that may be
substantial for the DNSO.
Incidentally, I find it a curious coincidence that these "side effects"
happen always when some debate of "substance" is starting to take place.

Anyway, the issues on the floor are:
- position of the GA on individuals, potential action to build a
proposal for having a Constituency recognized
- agenda for Yokohama, I'll fire off a proposal to start the discussion
in the next couple of days
- membership (i.e. registration to vote): we have reached some fair
numbers of registered members, it is now time to give ourselves
procedures to vote. Ideas welcome, on this as well I will make a
proposal

Regards
Roberto