Re: [ga] Yokohama DNSO agenda

Andy Gardner wrote:

>Funding problems? Are they serious?

In the DNSO budget approved by the NC there's no provision for
Webcasting.
Moreover, it has been explicitely eliminated, for the purpose of
reducing costs.

>They're slowing closing these meeting up so that only the IP Lawyers
>with the big budgets will be there, and then you can be sure they'll
>be saying they've reached consensus at the meeeting!
>
>Please, lets have the books opened up for ICANN for the Santiago and
>Cairo meetings. How much did the webcast and IRC channel for Santiago
>cost????

The figures I have, as an estimate for Yokohama, go from a bare minimum
of $7000 up.
The problem is not only the channel, but the staff, the setup, the
rental of the equipment, ...

>How much did venue hire cost?
>
>Since ICANN is supposed to be bottom up (ha ha), may I suggest that
>they move the whole road show to a 4 star hotel in Yokohama and use
>the money saved to fund the webcast???
>
>Would cancelling the champagne event save enough money?

No, that will not solve the problem.
There is a huge difference between ICANN's budget, and the DNSO budget.

There are Constituencies (like the NonCom) who have difficulties even in
 meeting before the GA, because of financial restrictions.

I am trying my best to have the Webcast provided, but the funding is a
key issue.

Regards
Roberto