RE: [ga] Proposed rule for registering to vote in the GA (fwd)

William Walsh wrote:

>However, I have little hope of the GA ever being taken seriously after
seeing
>how dismissive the Names Council is of their working groups, and using
the fact
>that the groups were full of those who are not represented in any of
their
>narrow and exclusive "constituencies" as a justification for ignoring
their
>report.

I do not have the impression that the NC has ignored WG reports.

In yesterday's session the NC has decided to:
- forward to the ICANN BoD the recommandations of WG-C for the
introduction of new gTLDs (that were consensus points in WG-C)
- not to forward the report of WG-B, which was *not* a consensus point,
and was presented only a couple of days before the NC session.

I think that the decisions were responsible, and fit also the (albeit
limited) discussion that we had on this list: support for the
introduction of new gTLDs (even with differences among ourselves) and no
 support for the Trademark provision (I assume with differences among
ourselves that we did not have time to express so far).

Regards
Roberto