[ga] Proposed rule for registering to vote in the GA

The following rules are suggested for the initial GA voting roll:

- The DNSO General Assembly is composed of those persons who want to be
   members of that assembly.
   At present, this includes "ex-officio" the subscribers to the GA-lists,
   the participants to the DNSO Constituencies and the participants to the
   Working Groups.

- A Member has the right to vote in a GA vote.

- All members who wish to vote in a GA vote must register with the
   GA voting registry.

- To register, one must send an email to the Keeper of the
   Voting Registry (a secretariat function) asking to become a member,
   and giving:
   - Name
   - Country of residence
   - Optionally, company affiliation and/or city of residence
   - Optionally, constituency memberships (if relevant)
   - Email to be used for balloting
   All the information except the email will be made public.
   A template is given below; USE THIS.

- The Keeper of the Registry keeps an updated Web page listing all
   the Members listed in the voting registry.

- A Member can be removed from the voting registry by:
   - A request from the Member to be removed
   - A procedure for dealing with fraudulent registrations
     (see below).

- A registered Member has the duty to receive GA vote ballots, and to keep his
   registration info updated.

The following template is sent to the address ga-voting to apply for
membership:
To: ga-voting@dnso.org

Name              : <your name here, as you wish it to be written>
Country           :
City (OPTIONAL)   :
Company (OPTIONAL):
Constituency (OPT):
Email (NOT PUBLIC):

I wish to be registered in the voting registry of the DNSO GA.
I agree that my name and country of residence, and city, company and
constituency info, if I supplied it, can be made public.

The procedure for dealing with fraudulent registrations is very similar to
that for multiple registrations on the GA discussion list:

- Any GA member who thinks that a registration in the public list is
   fraudulent can complain to the GA List Monitor.
- The Keeper of the Voting Registry can forward suspicious-looking
   requests for registration to the GA List Monitor.
- The GA List Monitor can investigate the matter further, and if he
   determines that the same person is attempting to register more than
   once, the extra registration can be removed from the list.

The decisions of the GA List Monitor can be appealed to the GA Chair.

NOTES:
1) Once the membership function is established, these rules should be
    confirmed, amended or replaced by a vote.
2) Once the membership function is established, the office of list monitor
    should be elected by the membership; it should also be more than one
    person, IMHO. The text above on this subject is intended as the interim
    measure.

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no