RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

Simon Higgs wrote:

>I'd also like to propose that the pre-IAHC work with IANA be recognized
,
>and that an iTLD constituency be created. Constituents can from known
>contributors to the Jon Postel new TLD/registry drafts, or other new
>TLD/registry Internet Drafts published during 1996, or are named on the

>iTLD applicant list that Jon Postel published on behalf of IANA to
>iahc-discuss. The purpose of the iTLD Constituency is to create new
>registries that will compete at the registry-level with NSI (currently
no
>competition exists for gTLDs or rTLDs at the registry-level).

What I do not understand is it is possible to dig into pre-history of DN
 policy and, at the same time, forget about the most recent events.
I know I will sound like Amadeu, quoting his grand-mother, but this
seems to me like my uncle, remembering everything (so he claims) about
the war, but not remembering what he did yesterday.

About one and a half year ago, when the DNSO was in its founding process
, the discussion about the constituencies took place.
One of the proposals was to give more "power" to the Registries, and at
the end, with mich difficulty, a compromise has been found that was
separating the ccTLDs from the gTLDs (operation much opposed by the
large majority of the non-Registries, but accepted as a possible
compromise for the common good).
The creation of new Constituencies that still are in the "domain" of the
 Registries is just an impossible operation.

Regards
Roberto