RE: [ga] Who has standing

Jean-Michel,

>Please don't say that I said that developing countries doesn't have a
stake
>in the DNS story , I just said that everybody who is aware of the DNSO
and
>ICANN has at least 20 dollars in pocket to participate!!! That's
something
>different. Because to be aware of ICANN you need at least a computer
and a
>modem, isn't it?

Not necessarily true.

You don't need to "own" a computer, you just need to "have access to" a
computer and a modem (and the telephone line behind that, which may well
 be sometimes *the real problem* in countries with a different
development model).

Don't misunderstand me, I believe that the vast majority (if not the
totality) of the people that are participating *here and now* to the
debate over ICANN *do have* the $20, but I think that it is one of the
roles of ICANN (and therefore of its Supporting Organizations) not to
institutionalize this barreer.

Regards
Roberto