[ga] Number of messages

Folks,

Several people have pointed out to me that another real problem is the
huge number of messages, and that the limitation in the number of
postings per day (and probably the max size of a message, but this has
not shown up as a problem) will be even more important than the
elimination of "incivil" discourse.

I agree with these people.
Personally, I think that the interaction between two or three people on
a single item, made often to "get the final word" on a subject more than
 to explain the point of view, is very similar to a "private" debate
that interrupts the flow of the speakers in a physical meeting, and it
is generally considered something to be avoided.

I had different suggestions, ranging from 2 to 10 messages per day per
person (per subscriber, in reality).

With reference to the list rules - see http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga
/Arc03/msg00447.html, quoted below:

>>- If the GA Chair or Sergeant-at-arms asks for a limit to the nuber of
 posts
>>  per person per day, this must be respected

I am recommending the list administrator to limit the maximum number of
messages that any subscriber can send per day to 5.

Best regards
Roberto