Re: [ga] GA Rules don't go far enough

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Joe Kelsey wrote:

> I was specifically ignoring the personal parts of his mail and trying to
> respond to the other parts.

What personal parts - feel free to quote at your pleasure.  Were
discussing the GA being a professional organization - i say it's not and
you say it is.  Nothing personal there my dear boy ;->

> I feel it is important that we emphasize the "expert" portions of our
> "charter", which is why I felt it necessary to bring up the professional
> society comparison.  I do not think this is a professional society the
> same way that ACM or IEEE is, but rather a loose confederation of
> prodessionals from many different areas of expertise, just as you have

Ah - now were a confederation of professionals.  That's not in the by laws
either.

> said in your message.  I really was only drawing the comparison,
> initially, to suggest a method of validating e-mail addresses, and the
> topic took on its own life!

Non profit organizations - which this is - some charge admission and some
do not.  But once again - this is not a professional society or
organization.

> I think it is an interesting change from other topics...

True - but irrelavant.

Regards
Joe Baptista