Re: [ga] [Fwd: Darrell misses my points] Proofed version

Roberto and all DNSO'ers,

  It is interesting and troubling that you would clearly state a belief
that, "Robert's Rules, abundantly quoted on this list, specifically foresee
procedures for managing disruptive behavior." When you clearly and
regularly engage in it yourself.  I find that offensive to a degree, but
tolerable.  I am sure others feel the same and also have taken note
of your disruptive and illegitimate behavior.

  Enforcement of Rules is all well and fine, except we do not have
Rules that are in agreement with the Assembly members as those
that are being attempted to be enforced or otherwise honored are
both not equally enforced, and have no mandate, as you yourself stated,
Roberto.  I find this to be a glaring inconsistency and therefore also
both abusive and disruptive as well on your part.

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Joe,
>
> you wrote:
>

> >Unless the discussion list is hosted by a particular country government
>
> >or otherwise explicitly sponsored as such, government rules do not
> >apply.  Thus, the notions of "censorship" that Karl, Ellen and others
> >have thrown around simply do not apply.
> >

> Let me anticipate an objection.
>
> Even if ICANN and its related fora (like the GA/DNSO) can be considered
> with some stretch of imagination a "quasi-Governmental institution", the
>  enforcement of rules is not out of order.
>
> Robert's Rules, abundantly quoted on this list, specifically foresee
> procedures for managing disruptive behaviour.
>
> Democracy and anarchy are not synonyms.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Bob Davis