Re: [ga] Another Resignation

At 21:55 10.02.00 +0100, Mark Measday wrote:
>Harald, Elisabeth,
>
>Would it be dedramatising to ask how many days it is until Mr Williams is
>restored to the list?

As I said: not later than Monday, February 21, 2000, 12:00 GMT.
The exact time of restoration depends on the availability of the list manager.

>It is unfortunate that intellects such as Mr Auerbach, Mr Steinberg, Ms
>Barry and Ms Rony amongst others have departed the list. I note that Mr
>Mueller,  who was claimed (by others) to have resigned on grounds of
>principle from this list, is requesting such controls on other lists. I
>ask not why he shoots himself in the head while others only shoot
>themselves in the foot.
>
>Please find a compromise that can attract back these people.

Unfortunately, their stance has left me very little material from which to
build a compromise.
Their absolute stance that "no refusal to post anything from any list
member, ever, is legitimate" isn't something that's easy to craft a
compromise from.

Any suggestions are welcome - we've got a new ruleset to build within 3
months. And a voting system and a membership definition to build before that.

                        Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no