Re: [ga] Re: Proposal for list rules/actions

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> Harald, and everyone:
>

> The current situation where the Chair has made a unilateral decision
> to adopt Harald's proposal in total, based on the results of what we were
> told was merely an "opinion poll", a poll where there is ample evidence
> of fraud, is inappropriate to say the least.

Fraud is not too strong a word at all, and you are quite correct to state
that to base any decision upon such a pathetic (and supposedly informal
opinion poll) sham is inappropriate.

However, the fact remains that there is only one thing for certain on this
list - that it has a chairman. There are no rules, and there is no
consensus that there are.

So... What's to keep the Chairman from arbitrarily making them?

--Bradley D. Thornton MCSE; MCT.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.tallship.net/idno