[ga] FOUL!!! GA membership Doesn't Require Web-ability!

Fellow members of the DNSO General Assembly,

I take exception and personally reprimand anyone here who intends to state
that I must have the ability to browse the World Wide Web, own or be
required to use LYNX, IE, Navigator, or any other tool for negotiating
HTML files on this Internet.

ICANN does not stand for Web Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers,
and is not spelled WCANN!

Membership in the DNSO General Assembly is not, and will not be tied in
any way to an ability (implied or otherwise) or capability which enables
one of it's members to use the HTTP servers, Gopher Severs, Veronica,
WAIStations, ftp, televisions, radios, or personal fitness centers!

THIS IS A FREAKIN' MAILING LIST!!!!!!  And membership in the DNSO General
Assembly is defined by membership on this list!!!!!!

How dare anyone tell me, a member in good standing of the DNSO General
Assembly, that I have to use a web browser to participate in the
activities and duties of this body! Even a so-called 'informal` vote.

The person or persons responsible for this have elimated every single
person who uses juno for their ability to participate here.

And to top it all off with a deadline. How dare you!!!

Thank you for your time.

PS: maybe someone like JW could be so kind as to cross post and forward
this to a bunch of others who might be interested in reading about such a
farce.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:09:17PM -0800, IDNO Bootstrap wrote:
> > Mikael,
> >
> > I believe you can ask kent@songbird.com
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, he has a system which will work for anyone with
> > access to email. I think he offered it for free too.
> >
> > After all, this is an email list - not an http forum.
>
> Yes, I have a votebot, and it works fine.  I'm surprised that Harald
> didn't use it.  It is fairly simple -- some authorized person prepares a
> ballot, and sends it to the votebot.  The votebot sends a copy of the
> ballot to everyone on the list, with an individual authorization code.
> They fill out the ballot and send it back to the votebot.  If it
> doesn't have the authorization code it is rejected.  The votebot
> tallies up the votes, and makes the results available.
>
> There are some provisions for setting up auditors and so on, and if you
> deal with it at that level it is a little more complicated.  But the
> basic scheme is very simple, and fairly secure.
>
> Kent
>
> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Do good, and you'll be
> kent@songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

--Bradley D. Thornton MCSE; MCT.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org  (or direct:)
http://www.tallship.net/idno