Re: [ga] So far, 28 poll answers logged

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> A total of 28 votes (7 non-Java, 21 Java) has been logged at Joop's polling
> booth at http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/

Not much to speak of - and some of those votes are mine, for and
against.  I'll repeat what Jeff Williams has said of the process - just
alot of fud and not much more

> This means that of the members of the GA list and the announce list, at
> least 90% have chosen *not* to state their opinion so far.

A real embarrassment for the Names Council.  In effect this is a clear
representation to you that others have little interest in participating in
this joke.  Or - it could be the result of all the filtering going on.

> This may be a measure of the true interest in the DNSO GA, or it may be a
> measure of the degree to which people have been turned off by the way
> discussions on the list are done.

I think it's a true measure of people lack of confidence in all of
you.  Were tired of the jokes, we want real rules with real power and real
choices to go with that.

> You have (at the moment of this writing) 29 more hours to express your
> opinion in this fashion.

I guess after that you'll move on to some other joke or farce.  I think
it's time for us to sit down and put together a real election.

Regards
Joe