Re: [ga] Majordomo 'who' command

Harald and all,

  Your point is well taken by me anyway Harald.  But I fear not by others
on this list as it's history clearly shows.  What's what should be more
important
than who's who here.  I think that at this juncture though it is too late for
that.
So restoring the Majordomo 'Who' Command seems essential and at least
prudent.  Besides, as I originally responded before to this thread, it is easy
to circumvent. So why not just restore the 'Who' command?

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> > > **** Command disabled.
> > >>>>

> >I'd like to see the DNSO secretariat re-enable majordomo's 'who' command. I
> >know that making the list of participants and their e-mail addresses public
> >opens us up to spam and spoofing, but so do the web-based archives of the
> >discussion lists.
> >
> >I think the value of knowing who is participating in the General Assembly
> >outweighs any damage.
>
> Why?
>
> Personally, I'd think it a Good Thing to have the names (not emails) of GA
> members available, but I know that 90% of the names would mean nothing to
> me; I'd be interested in knowing what you think is the value of having the
> info available.
>
>                       Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894