Re: [ga] Majordomo 'who' command

Joe and all,

  There are many on the list that I trust.  Some more than others, but
still quite a few.  It guess it would depend on how far and on what I would trust
them on or about.  Than the list of those that I would trust in some instances
would narrow somewhat, to be sure, but not dramatically.  Of those on my short
list are the following:

Mike Measday
Michael Froomkin
Milton Muler
Karl Auerbach
Dennis Schafer

!Dr. Joe Baptista wrote:

> I wonder Jeff - who in that list I sent you - people unrelated to you
> in any way by association would you trust.  Who on that list unrelated to
> yourself do you trust.  And I would consider myself as a party your
> associated with.  I've enjoyed your guidance and look forward to your
> reply.
>
> Regards
> Joe
>
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Bret and all,
> >
> >   I completely agree with Brett here.  Although there are ways around this
> > disabling, it is not a "Best Practice" in which to operate the Majordomo
> > command functions.  Should the DNSO List admin. Fail to restore the
> > 'Who' command, I may find it advantageous to reveal how it can be
> > circumvented to a number or "Interested Parties".  I would therefore
> > suggest strongly that the Majordomo Commands, all of them be restored,
> > is a wise and prudent thing to do.

> > > I'd like to see the DNSO secretariat re-enable majordomo's 'who' command. I
> > > know that making the list of participants and their e-mail addresses public
> > > opens us up to spam and spoofing, but so do the web-based archives of the
> > > discussion lists.
> > >
> > > I think the value of knowing who is participating in the General Assembly
> > > outweighs any damage.
> > >
> > >       -- Bret
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-447-1894
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

Jeffrey A. Williams