[ga] Re: Free speech and GA

I agree with most of Michael's points.   However, the misbehavior
cited has not actually affected our ability to discuss whatever we
want.  My/your posts have been read and our points have received the
critical review they deserved.  Our filters work fine.  Whatever
gets past them still ends up in the trash.

An over-reaction, on the other hand, can lead us into an
unproductive swamp.  Indeed, I suspect that is the actual intent of
whoever is behind the offending posts.  Clearly, he/they are not
doing anything for our (nor, indeed, his/their) civil rights.
Rather, he/they are pushing us into accepting straight jackets and
loss of rights for the "civil" majority in the hope of curbing
his/their "uncivil" behavior.  And, there is no assurance that
his/their game will end with the first level of restriction we place
upon ourselves.   They/he will taunt and distract us as long as we
chase him/them.

I invoke "Dave Crocker's First Rule"--shun whomever you think is an
impostor or abuser.  Don't comment on behavior nor inanity.  Lets
keep our eyes on the prize, discussing the substantive issues before
us instead of who is who, what should be allowed, or who excluded.