[ga] RE: [announce] Results of election to the Chair and Alternate Chair of the GA

At 10:25 18.12.99 -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>As much as I admire Roberto and Harald, I find it troubleing that only the
>list votes were published and not the NC votes. What is even more troubleing
>is that only a small fraction of the list membership actually voted or was
>counted. The particular issue is voter verification.

Excuse me.....in this case, both NC votes were unanimous, and the names of
those who did not vote were published. Whether votes should be published is
another matter, but this time, it's easy to get the information.

The low turnout in the GA opinion polls bothers me too.

>Where both of them have my support, I would enjoin them to work towards
>fixing this deficiency of the system as soon as possible and get us a real
>usable voting system.

Heard and understood.

                           Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no