RE: [ga] Unfair?

At 11:42 17.12.99 +0100, R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

>Question:
>Do the owners of the famous fast-food chain have the right to kick out all
>the McDonald-named businesses (and all variations on the theme) from the
>yellow pages?
>  ;>).

It's been tried.

Here in Norway, where McDonald is an uncommon name, you'd better not try to
work in fastfood if you want to use your name for your shop and it happens
to be McDonald.

But they don't generally go after those who don't sell food, I think.
Again: Evaluation of names without the context of usage doesn't make sense.

                            Harald
Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no