Re: [ga] Proposal for Internet Domain Name Olympic Marathon

> Whereas I sent the message below to the WG-C list, I feel
> that the proposal for Internet Domain Name Olympic Marathon
> may be of interest for the entire DNSO. If adopted, we may
> have a yearly domain names testbed (similar to the Interop concept
> for the IETF)

There is utterly no need for a "testbed".

There are no issues to be "tested".

There is no doubt in anybody's mind that the existing deployed DNS
software on the net can handle a half dozen more TLDs.

(Indeed, we recently ran a sucessful experiment in which we set up a root
with several million TLDs.)

This "testbed" concept is merely a way of rewriting the words "more
delay".

But as usual, the GA has no say in the matter.

By-the-way, I might note that "Interop" is a registered mark of Ziff-Davis
not of the IETF.

		--karl--