Re: [ga] Two things troubling me with the GA Chair elections...

> > The GA is the only place where those who are disenfranchised can
> > participate.  And as we have seen, that participation is made effectively
> > illusory and void by the NC's controlling hand.
>
> Therefore, the participation of participants in the IETF is
> effectively illusory and void because of the IESG and IAB's
> controlling hand.

I fail to see the relevancy of that comment.

As you perfectly well know, the GA can not elect its own chair; the GA can
niether approve nor disapprove of working groups, their charters, or their
resuts; the can neither determine how it nominates candidates for elect
ICANN board nor participate in the "selection" of them.

Might you want to explain the "fairness" in which a company such as AT&T
can be a member of several DNSO constituencies, potentially obtaining
several voices on the Names Council and in DNS policy, while individual
domain name owners get no voice whatsoever.

The facts are clear and stark.

And please spare us the "individuals get the at-large" fantasy.

		--karl--