RE: [ga] Endorsement of Roberto Gaetano for GA Chair

On 03-Dec-99 Eric Weisberg wrote:
> I was very glad to see Roberto accept nomination as GA chair.   I think
> he is the very best choice and would have supported his candidacy no
> matter who were the other candidates nor what other procedure was
> followed, including a vote of the General Assembly.
>
> Roberto is known and respected by all factions as a reasonable and fair
> person who is genuinely committed to democratic principles.  His
> selection will go a long way toward healing our divisions and
> facilitating our constructive efforts toward reaching consensus on
> outstanding issues in the general assembly.

Agreed.  While I stand closer to an opposite polar end of the views
Roberto holds, he has earned my respect as a fair, committed, and
constructive person, who has always sought to make sure that everyone's
views were heard and represented.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934