[ga] RE: [wg-b] RE: [wg-c] URGENT: Moratorium on all additions to con

At 1:09 AM -0500 11/22/99, Cade,Marilyn S - LGA wrote:
>William, I think you know, but perhaps not, that AT&T has been involved
>since the initial ideas of the POC/CORE; green paper, etc.  So, we've
>invested time and resources for a few years... like you and others...
>
>We still believe, however, that we need to recognize that this working group
>will continue to have new players join in and the process of the working
>groups is supposed to be able to accommodate that.
>
>I understand that you believe this process has been long.  And, perhaps it
>has. But as I said in my comments about the NSI contract, competition isn't
>built in a day.  Successh and stability have to be the goals, even if it
>takes more time.
>
>Certainly, talking and speculating about new gTLDs has gone on for some
>time. But a critical analysis of how small businesses would be educated and
>made aware of any new gTLDs, along with ISPs and other intermediaries,
>hasn't been discussed on any group I've participated in.  I believe that
>Eric Menge, of the SBA, at the L.A. meeting noted the issues of ensuring SME
>awareness as a critical factor.

Amazing.  These were almost the same arguments we used against the
UDRP, however it was "rushed through" before even individual
representation, and before any real impact studies were done on
reverse domain name hijacking (which continues to run rampant).

I find it quite ironic.