[ga] Re: Letter to L.Touton

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 02:43:23PM -0500, KathrynKL@aol.com wrote:
>I have sent the following letter to Louis Touton and wanted to share it with
>you.

Kathy, I have carefully reviewed Joe Sims messages in the archives of
the NC list on this topic -- all *two* of them, one clearly labeled
as a legal opinion, and the other clearly labeled as a private
opinion -- and I must say that it appears to me that you are, to put
it mildly, overreacting.  Both letters are clear, calm, restrained,
and in no way give the appearance of strong advocacy that you
describe.

I am somewhat dismayed by your letter, in fact.  Your
characterization of his contributions on this topic as "regular"
cannot be construed as anything other than misleading, and it really
looks as if you, a supposed staunch defender of free expression, are
deliberately trying to silence an opinion merely because it is
different than your own.

Moreover, it is telling that you had to find someone to forward your
letter to the GA list -- clearly you aren't even subscribed to that
list, and thus have no firsthand knowledge of the problems the GA
has suffered.

I repeat my earlier point -- if you want to make the GA an effective
body the place to do that is in the GA itself.  Once again, I urge
you to join the unwashed masses you extol in theory, but disdain in
practice.